Technical Product Manager
Stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. dA is at the forefront of this development with its dA Platform product and its major contributions to open-source Apache Flink
Our teams are pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with stream processing, allowing our users and customers to gain more insights into their data in real-time.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production. Flink is also one of the most active and fastest-growing open source projects in the Apache Software Foundation.
dA Platform is being rapidly adopted at enterprises to operate their data processing workloads more effectively.
dA was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, to build the next-generation platform for real-time data applications. With our teams, products and customers, we are tackling some of today’s biggest challenges in big data and data streaming
dA is growing rapidly and the shape of our engineering organization is changing to match. You will take ownership of one or more products that require technical expertise to manage effectively. You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your products and the team.
This role sits at the center of one of the most significant paradigm shifts in information processing and real-time architectures in recent history—stream processing—which sets the foundation to transform companies and industries for the on-demand services era.
You will work with our engineering teams to help them build high-quality software in the most efficient and effective way and develop into a larger and more mature engineering organization.
In addition, you will also have plenty of opportunities to learn more about Flink, contribute to our other products and open source projects, and help evangelize Apache Flink to users around the world.
What you’ll do all day:
- Be the interface between engineers, customers, marketing, sales and business
- Help to prioritize, manage and communicate the products roadmap
- Capture, collect and present feedback from customers/users
- Understand the engineering impacts of product decisions
- Measure success of the features after their launch
- Work closely with engineering teams through design, testing and release
You will love this job if you …
- … are someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day
- … have a technical background, and are comfortable slinging some code to solve a problem
- … understand how software development teams work, and how software engineers think
- … love to spend the whole day talking about Big Data technologies
- … have great English skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Tech gear of your choice
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office
- German lessons in the company
- Sport card
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Hackathons and weekly technical Lunch Talks to keep your head full of inspirations and ideas!